Embedded Firmware Engineer
Covington, LA 70433
Responsible for developing and integrating key components of the next generation of mobile satellite communications framework using LEO satellites, specifically low-level embedded firmware in satellite communications products.
This position is not remote; job is located on the Northshore.
Major Job Duties
- C/C++ coding for embedded Linux and FreeRTOS on ARM processors to support user functionality of satellite communications devices
- Writing firmware for battery powered devices with a focus on minimizing power consumption
- Other duties as related or required
- Bachelor s or Master of Science Degree, preferably in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience at a firmware development position, preferably in a wireless related role
- Proficient in Linux, especially for embedded ARM environments
- Experience with writing or modifying peripheral drivers for SPI, I2C, UART, USB, etc.
- Experience using a bug tracking system or software-managed development process (e.G. JIRA, Bugzilla)
- Proficient in at least one configuration management tool (e.G., P4, GIT, CVS, SVN, ClearCase)
- Must have very strong analytical, diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Must be self-reliant, ability to multi-task in an aggressive schedule environment
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Stock options including New Hire Stock Bonus Incentive
- Wellness Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Life Insurance
- LTD and STD
- Holiday / Vacation / Sick Paid Time Off
- Company-Paid Gym Access