Baton Rouge, LA 70809
- Operate drill rig and oversee drilling operations for auger borings, concrete coring, monitoring wells, instrumentation installation and other types of drilling as required
- Know when to use different drilling methods
- Collect and log factual field data to the specifications and/or job instructions provided
- Keep a boring/coring log of data and samples obtained and other required information
- Training and supervision of drilling assistant on the drilling site
- Communication with project managers, clients, schedulers and supervisors
- Responsible for daily production and efficient use of drill crew s time as required by scope of work for individual projects.
- Responsible for maintenance, repair and general condition of the drill rig, support truck and other
- Must be able to diagnose mechanical problems and perform necessary repairs.
- Responsible for promoting and adhering to a safe work practice.
- Use required and approved personal protective equipment (PPE) while performing all functions
- Responsible for the safety of the drill crew and other site personnel.
- Operate drill rigs, tractor trailers and support vehicles in safe and lawful manner.
- Maintain necessary documentation relating to the operation of commercial motor vehicles.
- Driving of DOT regulated vehicles and all responsibilities and knowledge that is required to stay in compliance with DOT requirements.
- Daily inspections of equipment to satisfy DOT requirements and the proper record keeping as required by DOT regulations.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with engineers and clients
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Must work outdoors in all types of weather
- Be willing to travel 50% and overnight
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Ability to pass a road test
- At least two years related drilling experience required
- Good driving record
- Class A or B Commercial Driver' s License required
- 40-hour Hazmat Training preferred.