Marine Construction Project Manager / Estimator
Covington, LA 70433
This position will hold both project management and estimating responsibilities in a heavy civil and marine construction environment. Projects and estimates will be of varying size and complexity from conception to finalization both in the design-bid-build or design-build markets.
Duties/Responsibilities of the Project Manager/Estimator
The Project Manager/Estimator will be responsible for contract management, change orders, preparation of subcontracts, project scheduling, quantities, invoicing, resource allocation and coordination, estimating, material pricing and project buyout for private and public projects.
Projects and estimates will be for all types of general contracting work in civil and marine construction projects such as shoring, pile-driving, concrete, coatings, transport, dredging, flood gates, federal projects and salvage work.
Required Skills/Abilities of the Project Manager/Estimator
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Thorough understanding of contracts, plans, and specifications.
- Thorough understanding of engineering, architectural, and other construction drawings.
- Ability to be flexible and efficient in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor' s Degree in Business, Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field.
- A background in marine construction is required.
- A minimum of three years of estimating marine construction projects.