Power Systems Engineer
New Orleans, LA 70123
- Bachelor' s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university or college (Master s level or higher preferred)
- Experience with Low voltage and medium voltage solutions
- Familiarity with Regulatory bodies such as ABS, USCG, DNV, NEC, etc.
- Experience with Power modeling tools such as PTW (Power Tools for Windows) key
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink
- Knowledge of Bus bar schemes
- Knowledge of mechanical layouts, clearances, sections, erection, grounding design etc.
- Knowledge of protection schemes
- Experience using AutoCad
- 5+ years of Power systems (shipboard preferred) experience Key
- Based on end user requirements, develop electrical one line for complete vessel
- Ability to work with other suppliers and acquire load data to incorporate into vessel wide electrical one line
- Experience developing EPLA (electric plant load analysis)
- Interpret customer specifications and drawings as they apply to electrical equipment and related products
- Support Business Development with technical input and review into proposals for potential new business
- Interface with customers, sales and field installation services personnel.
- Provide customer drawings, assembly drawings and bills of materials for the switchboard (structure, switches, overcurrent and other protective devices, bus, and instruments) based on product knowledge, knowledge of applicable codes and standards, and use of appropriate reference documents.
- Select special devices to function as required in assemblies/circuits. Determine proper method for applying, installing and wiring special devices as required.