Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
Tuscaloosa, AL Area
Flexicrew Technical Services is currently seeking a Quality Chemist for a Direct Hire position in the Tuscaloosa, AL area.
Primarily responsible for lab quality assurance and compliance with EPA, ASTM and AASHTO regulations. Assists with coordination of technical activities related to all HRC processes and products including test methodology, equipment purchases and equipment calibration and repair. Maintains lab equipment and assists with maintenance of computer system and octane testing equipment. Performs complex testing duties. Must exhibit ability to work independently with limited supervision and utilize strong critical thinking skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains technical expertise of EPA Streamlining, 40 CFR 80.47, and EPA Tier III regulations
- Oversees implementation and management of SQC program
- Maintains technical expertise in refining quality control/assurance and ASTM D6299 methodology
- Manages ASTM Proficiency Testing Program
- Evaluates accuracy of hourly lab technicians
- Assists with the management of Baytek LIMS
- Possesses or develops thorough knowledge of equipment operating principles and chemistry
- Supports technical development of other lab personnel
- Performs difficult analytical procedures that require technical expertise and/or data interpretation
- Specifies and implements new test equipment
- Responsible for lab equipment calibration programs
- Writes new test procedures and updates existing procedures
- Supports refinery engineering staff in their project work
- Seeks to control lab operating and capital expenses
- Maintains lab supplies, including inventory and ordering
- Assists with maintenance of gas chromatographic equipment
- Assists with maintenance of octane testing equipment
- Assists with maintenance and updates to lab computer system
- Assists with maintenance of lab equipment as needed
- May supervise hourly or entry level staff personnel
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
This position requires a minimum of a BS degree in chemistry and five or more years of heavy industrial experience (such as petroleum refining or petrochemical facilities) in labs. Additional education may substitute for experience. Strong interpersonal and communications skills. This position requires a strong background in regulatory requirements and statistical quality control methods.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must have a valid driver license. Must be thoroughly proficient in use of standard Microsoft products. Must have background to recognize, troubleshoot and solve technical problems with analytical testing equipment including data acquisition and computer control equipment for same. Must interact successfully with various internal and external clients including any required third-party certification processes.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Flexicrew Technical Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with FTS is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications. Employment or consideration will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Interested Candidates should send resumes to hquinn@flexicrewtech.Com