Panama City Beach, FL 32408
Panama City, FL
As a Construction Superintendent you will be responsible for work in progress. Joining the project life cycle at the permitting stage and ending at project close out, you will be responsible for facilitating the flow of work through coordination of materials, sub-contractors, vendors, etc. As required to successfully complete the project on schedule and within budget. This includes maintaining documentation, quality control, supervising all trade and field personnel while administering good construction safety practices with all on-site activities. Working as a team, you will keep the Project Manager informed of project conditions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Other minor duties may be assigned.
* Managing good business to business vendor/sub-contractor relationships
* Ability to manage commercial & residential projects successfully
* Conduct and maintain Safety training, records, and equipment
* Maintain documentation checklists, punch lists, daily logs, permits & inspections, etc.
* Inspection of work in progress to insure high quality standards and adherence to local codes
* Providing high-impact Communication to ALL
* Able to identify pertinent Local, County, State, and/or Federal government regulations
* Responsible for work flow management on multiple project sites
* Strong organization skills
Supervisory Responsibilities This job requires on-site project supervision from start of construction through successful completion. You will be responsible for supervising Sub-Contractors, Vendors, Tradesmen, and Field Employees to insure successful project completion to Company s standards.
Work Environment Eco-Friendly Company located in South Baldwin County, AL providing professional office space which includes free employee snack bar, private work station, and bathroom as well as the following:
* Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) part of the work day;
* Required to exert physical effort in handling objects;
* Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements frequently;
* Normal setting for this job is: construction site/office
Qualifications The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
Education and Experience Required: 5 to 10 years of Commercial &/or Residential Construction Superintendent experience.
Preferred: College degree or Associates degree, plus 5 years of construction back ground experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements Preferred: Safety Training, Continuing Education, and Equipment Training
Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
*The ability to conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times.
*Comprehensive understanding of construction industry (phases, processes, procedures, materials, labor, etc.)
*Techniques for identifying and solving problems
*Understands construction terminology, plans and specifications
*Understands " Green" influences and sustainability
*Excellent business and communication skills
*Understands how to maintain project budgets and schedules
*Computer software and web-based applications (email, MS Office, PM Softwares)
*Active Learning Can Do Attitude