ACI Certified - CMT
New Orleans, LA 70119
Construction Materials Technician Responsibilities
- Assists Engineers and other professionals by performing a variety of testing, project specific observations, and site assessment duties.
- Operates equipment, conducts tests/assessments and reports data.
- Works from drawings, specifications, diagrams, schematics and specific verbal and written instructions.
- Uses specific methods to observe site activities and take samples and perform tests.
- Makes minor adjustments and modifications as needed.
- Positions require ability to lift and/or move 25-50 pounds regularly.
- Must be able to accomplish tasks under adverse weather and/or site conditions.
- Working environment will be moderately noisy to loud in nature.
- Some positions may require working in confined spaces or climbing and working at above average heights.
- Good vision and manual dexterity required.
- Requires high school diploma/GED and valid/current state drivers license and additional training in technical area preferred.
- ACI Grade 1
- NICET (all levels)
- OSHA 10-Hour
- ICC Special Inspector (Soils, Reinforced Concrete, Fireproofing, Masonry)
- LADOTD Embankment and Base Course, and LADOTD Structural Concrete
- High school or equivalent
- Construction Materials Testing: 1 year
- Concrete Testing: 1 year
- Valid Driver' s License
- ACI Grade I Certification