Baton Rouge, LA 70809
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Manage day-to-day accounting operations and ensure that there is a redundant process backup in place for every critical operation.
- Develop monthly and quarterly accounting reports for the management and executive teams.
- Ensure that daily, monthly, and quarterly Bank activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine transactions.
- Responds to inquiries regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Supervise the Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable team to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- Responds to survey reports on an as required basis.
- Perform Sales Tax reporting as required
- Maintains the depreciation schedule.
- Performs property tax and related reporting.
- Processes all year-end occupational licenses.
- Maintains a high degree of proficiency related to billing, processing reserve billings, write-off of time, etc.
- Serves in a backup capacity for the A/R and A/P functions including, but not limited to making changes to client information, printing and mailing monthly balance forward statements and held statements, handling client billing inquiries, collections.
- Provides courteous and prompt service to all internal and external customers.
- Prioritizes and addresses requests and assignments in a professional manner to develop cooperative relationships and to ensure that customer confidentiality is assured.
- Assists co-workers in the completion of tasks and assignments and serves in a backup capacity for the A/R and A/P functions including but not limited to making changes to client information, printing and mailing monthly balance forward statements and held statements, handling client billing inquiries, collections to ensure continuity of service.
- Bachelor s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA preferred.
- Five to seven years experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area with 3 years supervisory experience. Experience working in a professional services or law firm is preferred.
- Strong budgeting, financial forecasting and financial analysis skills required.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse group of individuals in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to deal effectively with interpersonal relationships.
- Must possess a high degree of professionalism including the ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
- Understanding and knowledge of GAAP.
- Must be computer literate with the capability of performing at an intermediate or advanced level with respect to the Microsoft Office Suite of products or similar software applications; must be capable of adapting to and working effectively with software applications; prior experience with Sage MAS 90 software is a plus.
- Light to moderate levels of lifting, kneeling, bending, sitting and walking is required. Lifting requirements will not typically exceed 25 pounds. Hand/eye coordination skills are essential since a significant amount of data input is required.