Certification Manager (Shipbuilding)
Panama City, FL 32404
Panama City, FL
FTS is seeking a Certification Manager with shipbuilding experience for a direct/permanent position in the Panama City, FL area.
- Work with OPC Program, including, but not limited to, Engineering, Program Management, Procurement, Test department and Production, to track the status of, and ensure attainment of a class certificate from ABS and required 3rd Party Certifications for OPC.
- Job Duties
- Support the Test Director in all areas of ABS class and 3rd Party certifications including tracking engineering design reviews, factory testing, and regular status briefs.
- Shall be able to work with the pertinent organizations for assigned certifications, coordinating between all groups to ensure all certification requirements for class are met.
- Work with Production, QA, Engineering department to ensure the timely review and resolution of design comments identified by Cert Agent to ensure the design is fully compliant with applicable requirements.
- Work with the USCG, at the recommendation of OPC engineering and test departments, to coordinate proposed changes to the certification requirements and/or design.
- Work with ABS vendor coordinator and OPC vendors to ensure detailed design, production control, and factory testing is identified, scheduled, and conducted.
- Provide PM level briefs on the status of certifications upon request. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Education: High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Experience: 5 or more years of shipyard new construction experience, preferably on ABS classed vessels, and other US Navy or US Coast Guard Programs, for 3rd Party Certifications.
- Requires the ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance
- Quickly understand ship certifications, and ability to work with various Certification Agents, including ABS, the Customer being US Coast Guard, ESG and associated Vendors
- Intermediate level Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook experience
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, Company policies/ procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Interpret contract requirements, specifications, and drawings into a comprehensive test program.
- Multi-task and prioritize tasks with strict deadlines.
- Effectively present information, brief presentations and respond to questions from senior management, employees, government officials and the public.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills required. Ability to forge and sustain outstanding client-relationships while managing multiple work streams.
- Multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment and have an attention to detail. Ability to work both independently and as part of the project team while exercising diplomacy and tact.
- Rapidly obtain, sort, filter, and analyze large volumes of data for distillation into high-level reports.
- Previous ship construction and test, or USCG/USN Service, with shipboard mechanical and electrical experience preferred.
- Experience with integration of a shipbuilding program into Program Integrated Master Schedule (IMS), starting with design through fabrication, construction, and delivery.
- Experience working with the ABS NVR highly.
- Working knowledge of various web- based design and collaboration tools.
Interested candidates should send resumes to hquinn@flexicrewtech.Com.
Flexicrew Technical Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with FTS is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications. Employment or consideration will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.