Chief Laundry Engineer
New Orleans, LA 70123
State of the art commercial launderer currently seeking an experienced Chief Engineer for one of our commercial laundry facilities.
Under general supervision of Plant Manager, direct work of maintenance staff, perform general maintenance tasks on equipment in the plant to ensure proper and safe operations on a daily basis.
Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible to assist in setting and follow budget guideline for the maintenance department.
- Responsible for scheduling and directing maintenance and custodial staff.
- Responsible to create and direct a preventative maintenance program with the ultimate goal of attaining a zero downtime environment.
- Responsible to maintain adequate and organized parts inventory and source best overall pricing of the required parts and supplies.
- Responsible for maintenance staff training in all aspects of industrial maintenance and safety.
- Responsible for obtaining/maintaining all licenses and permits associated with pressure vessels, back-flow preventers, waste water discharge permits and state required guidelines associated with piping and equipment as required.
- Responsible for managing the custodial function and staff. Ensure appropriate supplies are available at all times to properly clean plant on a daily basis.
- Responsible for on time startup and shutdown of the facility.
- Responsible for staff evaluations, recommendations and guiding the maintenance staff to insure continued career development through required and continuing education in both operations and safety training.
- Responsible for following all company growth programs annually.
- Participate in and occasionally lead safety meetings with entire staff.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must possess strong knowledge and troubleshooting skills in Electrical, Mechanical, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Steam and Natural Gas Combustion.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with interpersonal and listening skills, and ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and employees.
- Ability to deal with problems involving variables in standardized situations and excellent people skills.
- Ability to read, understand and interrupt technical manuals.
- Demonstrate strong computer proficiency, with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office applications (Word and Excel), including typing skills and the ability to navigate through multiple computer systems.
- Ability to quickly learn company specific software.
- Strong negotiation skills to create a win/win/win solution for the Company and vendors.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to multi task in fast paced environment.
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule and carry out responsibilities on evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Ability to work effectively individually and in a team setting.
- Strong math, reading, and English skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- OSHA - 30 Hour and/or OSHA 511
- 5-10 years of previous experience in a supervisory role in a laundry or comparable production facility.
- Demonstrated experience in machinery, pneumatics, electrical trouble shooting, air compressors, plumbing, boiler and computer operated equipment.
- Minimum of 5 years experience working on Milnor CBW and Chicago laundry equipment.
- Experience in OSHA and general safety guidelines to effectively follow instructions and train others.
- Previous experience with industry specific software preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years industrial maintenance experience
- Ability to read electrical schematics and interpret user manuals.
- Advanced mechanical/electrical skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Experience training and leading a team
- Subject to pre-employment and/or random drug screening.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver s license with good driving record and reliable transportation. Valid auto insurance required.
- Ability to read, write and understand English required. Bilingual is a plus.
This is a great opportunity to join our team and work at the largest hospitality laundry in the New Orleans area. Health, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life, ST/LTD, Paid Holidays, 401K, Tuition Reimbursement, Dry Cleaning.