New Orleans, LA 70112
Candidates would be based on the project site and would be tasked with monitoring progress, tracking and reviewing submittals, RFI s and pay requests. Qualified candidates must have a thorough knowledge of construction methods and techniques and must be organized and have good communication skills. Experience with heavy municipal construction a must. Project locations vary in and around the New Orleans metro area and vicinity. The RI is the engineer s representative at the site and will act as directed by and under the supervision of an Engineer.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- The RI will review and monitor progress, attend meetings with Contractor and Owner, such as pre-construction conferences, progress meetings, job conferences, and other project meetings.
- Document observations of Contractor s work in progress to assist Engineer in determining if the work is in general proceeding in accordance with the Contract Documents. The RI will maintain at the site orderly files for correspondence, reports of job conferences, reproductions of original contract documents including all change orders, field orders, work change directives, addenda, progress reports, shop drawing, and sample submittals, and other project-related documents.
- The RI will prepare a daily report or keep a diary or log book, recording Contractor s hours on the site, weather conditions, data relative to questions of change orders, field orders, work change directives, or changed conditions, visitors, daily activities, and observations in general.
- The RI may be required to review applications for payment, comparing progress to a schedule of values
- The RI will participate in substantial completion and final acceptance walkthroughs, assisting in the preparation of lists of items to be completed or corrected.
- Must have experience with heavy municipal construction.
- LDOTD certification as Inspector
- Must have a thorough knowledge of construction methods and techniques.
- Must be organized and have good communication skills.
- The RI must be able to record digital photographs and electronically file and submit all required reports and correspondence through an on-line process.
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel is preferable.
- This position is for temporary employment and is for the duration of the construction project to which the individual may be assigned.