Construction Materials Technician - CMT
Baton Rouge, LA 70809
Flexicrew Technical is seeking qualified Construction Materials Technicians for 2-3 contract to hire permanent positions in Baton Rouge, LA. Client is willing to train for non-certified CMTs. Work is at a plant - no TWIC required but a Valid Driver' s License is required to get into the plant.
Construction Materials Technician Responsibilities
- Assists Engineers and other professionals by performing a variety of testing, project specific observations, and site assessment duties.
- Operates equipment, conducts tests/assessments and reports data.
- Works from drawings, specifications, diagrams, schematics and specific verbal and written instructions.
- Uses specific methods to observe site activities and take samples and perform tests.
- Makes minor adjustments and modifications as needed.
- Positions require ability to lift and/or move 25-50 pounds regularly.
- Must be able to accomplish tasks under adverse weather and/or site conditions.
- Working environment will be moderately noisy to loud in nature.
- Some positions may require working in confined spaces or climbing and working at above average heights.
- Good vision and manual dexterity required.
- Requires current Driver s License
- Requires Clean MVR (3 years)
- Requires Background Check and Drug Screen
- NICET (all levels)
- ACI Grade I Certification
- OSHA 10-Hour
- ICC Special Inspector (Soils, Reinforced Concrete, Fireproofing, Masonry)
- LADOTD Embankment and Base Course, and LADOTD Structural Concrete