Construction Materials Tester Technician (CMT)
Baton Rouge, LA 70809
FTS is seeking several Construction Materials Tester Technicians (CMTs) for a busy geotechnical firm in Baton Rouge. This client is willing to train so long as the candidates have great, solid work history, preferably in construction. Work history experience with transferable skills acceptable, i.E., jobs that are " hands on" or " physical" in nature and require some type of paperwork, computer skills and/or simple math. CMTs will take soil and concrete samples during foundation work. If working in subdivision candidate will monitor the work that is performed and take soil samples. Also will do pile monitoring, calculate the number of times the cement pile is hit to move through the different soil levels.
Qualified candidates MUST have their own TRUCK or SUV because CMTs will be hauling large equipment like wheelbarrows and such. Typical day requires driving anywhere from 1-4 job sites a day, about 50-60 miles a day and mileage IS reimbursed. Employees' schedules are given the day before on a daily basis, so qualified candidates MUST be flexible.
Responsibilities and Duties
CMTs will be supervising concrete pours and performing density testing, all of which is trainable. CMTs could also be trained to take soil samples or do pile monitoring/ logging.
Qualifications and Skills
- MUST have your own TRUCK or SUV in order to haul equipment.
- MUST have a valid DL and clean MVR.
- MUST be able to work flexible hours, 24/7.
- MUST have a good, solid work history - NO job hoppers will be considered without verifiable, logical explanations.
- MUST be willing and able to drive 50-60 miles per day on average, could be more depending on projects. (Mileage is reimbursed)
- Candidates must be willing and able to work as a team player, doing whatever is asked of them to get the job done.
- MUST have a teachable spirit and a willingness and openness to learning.
- Background and Drug Screen required.
FTS offers health insurance, dental and vision plans, as well as life insurance and 401K.
Job Type: Contract/ Contract to Hire