Mandeville, LA 70448
Essential Job Functions
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical problems, identify, propose and implement remedies.
- Perform mechanical repairs and maintenance aboard dredges and other marine vessels such as Cat C15 and C32 engines, 30 45 pump impellers, hydraulic pumps, motors and winches, PLCs and electronics on board.
- Install, assemble, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair various mechanical and hydraulic equipment; including but not limited to winches, gearboxes, clutches, and pumps
- Reads diagrams, schematics, blueprints, and technical manuals for repair and diagnostic information of hydraulic and mechanical equipment
- Sets up mechanical equipment and provides assistance to users of equipment
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Follows all company and work site safety policies/procedures and commits to an " Incident and Injury Free" work environment
- 3-5 years of mechanical experience
- 1-2 years of marine electrical experience minimum
- This position requires fluent use of the verbal and written English language
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Trade Certification or equivalent helpful, but not necessary
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site
- Travel (by land, air, and water) to field locations is required, transportation paid.
- Must be able to tolerate rough seas, vibrations, heat, confined spaces, and high noise levels
- Ability to work a 50 hour work week M-F, overtime as needed
- Must be able to work 7 days/week as needed
- Ability to read, interpret, and troubleshoot hydraulic drawings and systems
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals and mechanical drawings
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical equipment
- Good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors
- Ability to work independently and with others - team player
- Must possess a valid Driver' s license, must have a good driving record
- TWIC - Transportation Worker Identification Credential
- Must be able to tolerate rough seas, vibrations, heat, harsh weather conditions, confined spaces, and high noise levels
- Work will frequently require individuals to push, pull, bend or stand for long periods of time, and climb ladders that have capacity limits of 300 lbs.
- Must be able to lift or carry miscellaneous equipment, supplies and parts up to 50 lbs. Unassisted
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, squat and lift for long periods of time.
- Ability to work at heights, climb ladders and stairways and work from platforms. Must be capable of working outside in the elements including but not limited to the heat, cold, rain, snow and wind; and must be able to work for long period of times up to 12 hours a day.