Electrical Panel Wireman
Metairie, LA 70001
FTS is seeking several electrical assemblers for our client who manufactures Electrical Automation and Power Distribution Systems for the Marine/ Maritime Industry. This is a production position that requires you work independently, in a production shop environment - stationary all day, assembling, wiring, mounting, building and testing these systems from top to bottom utilizing 3D drawings.
The skill levels for these openings can vary and compensation will be hourly, DOE with a range of $14-$18 an hour to start (hourly range is nonnegotiable, those who are seeking higher rates need not apply). This is a contract to hire (Temp to Perm) position. Work location is in the Metairie area. Company has enough work to last more than 15 years so candidate must be looking for a long-term and stable position. Qualified candidates will have some experience in electrical assembly, wiring panels, understanding of bus bar and must take pride in the appearance their final products.
- Wiring and Soldering Experience
- Panel-to-panel wiring
- Experience working with Buss bar (Preferred) or some exposure/ understanding of its relation to these systems.
- MUST have the ability to read schematics, blueprints and 3D assembly drawings.
- Perform basic assembly and hook-up of equipment using a variety of tools.
- MUST be able to produce professional looking work - Does it work? AND Does it look professional?
- At least 2-3 years experience in electrical assembly, specifically in Power Distribution, Switchboards, Propulsion Control Systems, Power Management Systems, Communication Systems or any other Electrical Systems on large ships.
- Team player, self-motivator, problem solver
- Must be able to work independently, yet work well with others and have a teachable spirit.
- Must have a positive attitude.
Excellent contract to hire opportunity with a long standing, stable company with excellent benefits and opportunity for growth
Equal Opportunity Employer