Electrical Test Technician
Metairie, LA 70001
Participates in day-to-day test, troubleshooting, repair activities of electrical, electronic, mechanical and electromechanical equipment. Applies basic/advanced knowledge and skills in performing and executing engineering test procedures to satisfaction of all stakeholders involved.
Basic / Primary Responsibilities
- Become familiar with test and process requirements of major programs within the company.
- Execute testing procedures for major programs, as designed/written by Engineering department.
- Testing of low and medium voltage switchboards and load centers.
- Communicate and collaborate with company technical community to ensure the quality of deliverables.
- Communicate and collaborate with Field Service/Test team to share/coordinate testing resources.
- Collect test, measurement and process data used in monitoring, qualifying and verifying product conformance.
- Assist in the QA/QC dept as needed, depending on demand.
- Minimum of three (3) or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in electrical distribution, monitoring and controls system, preferably military, industrial or marine industries.
- Must be able to perform point-to-point ohms checks
- Must understand Relay Technology
- Must be able to read and work from with technical drawings (assembly and schematic)
- Must have familiarity of basic and specialized test and measuring equipment (mechanical and electrical).
- Must have familiarity of basic and specialized hand tools and shop practices.
- MUST have familiarity of basic electrical/electronic theory.
- Must familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Pre-Employment Drug Screen and Background Check required.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Previous exposure to and/or knowledge of OSHA and ABS standards a plus.
- PLC experience with some programming and troubleshooting HIGHLY preferred
- Basic familiarity with mechanical assembly is helpful.
- Ability to utilize Internet and Intranet applications, as well as, exposure to AutoCAD LT and/or other technical software applications is desirable.
- Basic Field Service skills are also desirable.
- Current soldering certificate from a recognized institution is a plus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to: wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; work in high, precarious places and outdoor weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.