Cantonment, FL 32533
- 3-5 years construction estimating experience in various general commercial construction markets.
- Track record leading successful estimates.
- Strong attention to detail
- Organization skills
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities and the passion to deliver high-quality work, often within tight deadlines.
- Act as the primary point of contact to the client and the architect through the stages of bidding and pre-construction.
- Conduct site investigations using recognized engineering techniques and procedures, to familiarize the project team with
- problems or special conditions, which may exist at a project site.
- Perform a risk analysis on each project to analyze the risks, contract them out to subcontractors or qualify in Q&As.
- Formulate detailed project budgets for clients & architects during the pre-construction phase.
- Adjust the budget to reflect changes from the client and addenda from the architect.
- Assist in the development of the General Requirements for the project.
- Prepare scope of work specific enough to cover all risks. Perform quantity take-off when necessary.
- Solicit subcontractors to bid on jobs. Follow up with subcontractors on invitations to bid to ensure adequate coverage.
- Perform scope reviews for subcontractors to confirm that subcontractor bids cover the same scope as company expectations.
- Compile all subcontractor and material bids into estimate format for either bid or a Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP).
- Consult with owners and architects on various issues and problems discovered during bid process.
- Ensure that the project team has a thorough understanding and explanation of scope of work and discrepancies.
- Prepare complete trade scopes of work and buy out, working with the Project Management/field team.
- Communicate the GMP or estimate to the designated Project Executive and work with them to turn the job over to the field team.
- Provide Value engineering (VE) options, constructability and design review when requested.
- Assist in formulating durations of the subcontractors work to be used either as a contractual schedule or as a milestone.
- Build and maintain a database of current unit prices to be used in conceptual budgets.
- Receive and distribute CAD drawings as needed.
- Support marketing efforts through preparation of Requests for Proposal (RFP) responses and client presentations as required.