Kenner, LA 70063
The Forklift Truck Mechanic will perform maintenance and repairs on forklift trucks used throughout the facility.
- Inspects forklift truck fleet to ensure trucks are working properly and safely.
- Identifies any forklift trucks that need repairs.
- Removes unsafe equipment from facility operating area and notifies supervisor.
- Repairs and maintains various types of forklift trucks including electric, gas-powered, and propane-powered.
- Tests forklift trucks to ensure repairs are completed correctly.
- Schedules and performs routine maintenance for forklift trucks.
- Ensures batteries for electric forklift trucks are fully charged.
- Replaces empty propane tanks on propane-powered forklift trucks.
- Maintains repair log for forklift truck fleet.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to use hand and power tools to repair forklift trucks.
- Ability to read repair manuals for various types of forklift trucks.
- Excellent mechanical repair skills.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Completion of forklift truck mechanic s training course required.
- Must be physically capable of accessing all parts of the forklift truck needing repairs or maintenance, either by kneeling or lying on back.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds at a time.