Full-Time Construction Estimator
New Orleans, LA 70125
We are seeking a Full-Time Estimator who shares our clients Core Values for immediate employment.
Our client pursues electrical prime and sub-prime construction work in the Greater New Orleans area and
beyond. This position has minimal requirements for physical work outside of the Greater New
Orleans Area. There will be some exceptions for Pre-Bids, site visits and other similar activities.
You must be able to monitor, source and identify potential projects, provide exceptional support
to current General Contractor' s we serve and provide comprehensive estimates for projects.
You must be relationship driven, a proactive communicator and collaborator, possess exceptional
organizational skills and the ability to work independently. Once the organization decides to
pursue a project, you are accountable for completion of the estimation, internal review with
principals and submission of the bid per the specifications requirements. When a bid is
successful, a post-bid validation of the project estimate as well as a complete hand-off to the
Project Management Team are required.
We provide estimating support staff and additional resources to support all estimating efforts.
The estimating department must manage multiple estimating projects in different stages of
At a minimum, we require the following:
- Commercial Electrical Construction Estimating Experience - 5 years
- Proficiency in a Major Market Estimation Software
- Documented success in winning public/private bids at or exceeding industry expected
- Ability to extend estimation skills to other disciplines/trades when required to support
- You must be detail oriented, adhere to a bidding schedule with a critical timeline,
lead a hand-off meeting with the project management team.
- You must have a comprehensive understanding of the bid process including Proposal and
submission of valid bids.
- Design Build/Design Assist and Project Negotiating experience is preferred.
- A good sense of humor and the ability to laugh/have fun.
To apply, please submit the following:
Resume with at least 10 years employment history.
T hree professional references within the last two years.
Cover letter explaining your unique abilities with specific examples of your successful
work and direct contribution in previous positions.