Mobile, AL 36606
Example of Duties:
- Prepare high-quality geotechnical engineering reports
- Interacts with clients on technical aspects of the projects
- Reviews soils laboratory test result
- Assist in planning and oversee execution of subsurface investigation programs
- Locate test boring in the field and coordinate utility location
- Perform Geotechnical Engineering Analyses including: Shallow Foundation Evaluations, Embankment Stability & Settlement, Pavement Design, Axial and Lateral Pile capacity, etc. Other geotechnical analyses such as FEM are preferred.
- Ability to be reliable, on time, team player, ability to monitor and enforce quality control standards and specifications, read blueprints, quality minded and client focused.
- Performs analysis and design of shallow and deep foundations and slope stability evaluations
- Working knowledge of soil and rock classification and logging
- Experience with the investigatory studies and final report creation and presentation
- BS in Civil Engineering (MS Preferred)
- Registration as a Professional Engineer and/or ability to register in Southeastern US States
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in the field of Geotechnical Engineering: Experience must include a minimum of 3 years of professional engineering, design team and client coordination, and project planning and budgeting.
- Ability to deal effectively with a variety of clients and project related matters.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- The ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.