Baton Rouge, LA 70810
- Communicates with internal and external customers through verbal and written methods to address product selection including representation of our product lines, request for quotes, engineering specifications, status of orders, technical questions, scheduling, invoicing, and collections.
- Analyzes the engineering specifications through the process of sizing and selection of valves and instruments to meet the customer s needs. Track progress and review project tasks to make certain deadlines are met appropriately.
- Quotes projects including all legal/formal documentation to maintain compliance with Codes, Standards, and customer requirements. Proactively communicate project status, issues & risks to management.
- Follow clients policies, procedures and methodologies.
- Researches problems and solutions including but not limited to customer s needs, factory issues, production and scheduling needs, and Terms and Conditions issues.
- Provides pricing based on pricing schedules, contract pricing, scope of work, discount factors, and outsourcing needs.
- Travel may be required up to 10% of the time.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Implementation Duties & Responsibilities
- Define & maintain all implementation processes, manage implementation lifecycle; coordinate documentation when needed.
- Troubleshoot technical issues when the need arises, and escalating appropriately as needed.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone' s efforts to succeed.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- I nitiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Bachelor s Degree in a related field is preferred.
- Preferably 3-5 years of project management experience in an industrial environment.
- Verbal /Nonverbal Convey easily and quickly any message; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens attentively and seeks clarification; Responds well to questions; Maintain professional nonverbal communication analogous to situation
- Written - Writes clearly and informatively with a high level of sophistication; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret complex written information.
- Presentation - Presents clearly and informatively, easily maintaining audience attention and responding to audience needs; Able to facilitate discussion, progress effectively, and manage audience as needed.
- Become and remain proficient in all programs necessary to perform the everyday duties of this position.
- Proficiency in MS Office Products is required especially OUTLOOK, EXCEL, WORD and PPT.