Installer - Wastewater Systems Crew
Holden, LA 70744
FTS is seeking Commercial Wastewater Crew Members to work on a traveling team to assist as required to fabricate, assemble, excavate, and install community sewage treatment plants, lift stations and other wastewater structures. Job holder will work and become familiar with the tools and components for these systems. The scope of work will include, but not be limited to general work in the areas of excavation, plumbing, mechanical and electrical. Job requires being out of town for 3+ days at a time, including overnight stays. Must have a minimum of chauffeur s License.
Essential Job Duties:
- Install systems as required and planned in an efficient, safe, and quality manner.
- Assist crew leaders with general labor as required.
- Help get jobs completed on time with minimum call backs through diligent work ethic and quality mindedness.
- Leave work areas and service trucks clean with no trash or debris at the end of each day.
- Take time to do the job right to ensure safety and quality.
- Able to quickly assess best way to accomplish task then have supervisor approve task.
- Be able to use various tools for assembly and fabrication.
- Take general direction and determine specific ways to accomplish a goal or task including altering method to overcome obstacles.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Experience with the use of tools and small equipment and being able to read a tape measure accurately is required.
- Must have basic written and math skills
- Good oral communication skills required.
- Must be well organized and manage time efficiently and effectively.
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approach to problems.
- The job holder is expected to grow into an experienced Crew Leader role within the company as experience and competence is gained.
- Maintain a positive and confident attitude while communicating.
- Model safety by always selecting the best and safest choice to complete the job.
- CDL License chauffeur s or higher class required
- High school degree preferred.
- Pre-Employment Drug Screen and Background Check required
Working Relationships: Be available and able to communicate with Internal: Commercial Crew Supervisor, Contracting Manager, Chief Operating Officer, President working as Company Engineer, Office Staff, VP Operations, Production Planning and Delivery Manager. Attempt to learn from the more experienced crew members.
Safety: Always make the safe choice in order to maintain a safety culture that includes zero accidents. Ensure proper PPE is being used at all times. Actively participate in all safety programs and activities.
Housekeeping: Ensure trucks and shop stay clean and neat. Wipe down equipment when finished and place back in correct area or department.
Leadership: Teamwork/Attitude/Company Policy: Use best practices when it comes to safety, housekeeping, quality, attendance, and any other rules and expectations in the Company policy. Always show a helpful, can do attitude. Strive to be the first to volunteer for any particular task.
Crew Member must be multitask-oriented while able to stay focused. Also be receptive to suggestions and input from others and use their advice in a proactive manner to complete tasks. Position requires the ability to review, understand and interpret GCP drawings to ensure successful project completion. A focus on safety and quality is essential in order to maximize customer satisfaction and eliminate accidents.
Physical Demands: Frequently required to stand and walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Must be conditioned physically and mentally to work in all weather related and site elements with limited shelter and thermal control.