Insurance Specialist - Licensed
Metairie, LA 70001
Servicing, retention and rounding of Personal and /or Commercial Lines Insurance accounts, according to agency procedures and standards. Ideal candidate will be an energetic self starter, who works well in a highly automated, team environment.
- Ability to handle complex accounts.
- Ordering and processing renewal and change requests with an emphasis on Personal Insurance Risk Management.
- Prepares review letters on an annual basis, offering recommendations to clients based on analysis of clients insurance needs.
- Assists clients with reporting claims.
- Works to ensure that the agency goal of 95% retention is met. Acting proactively to retain accounts; Following up on Broker of Record letters, according to agency procedures and standards.
- Actively solicits and processes additional lines of coverage for all accounts and working to book of business.
- Ability to provide basic information on all AWS Insurance services and direct clients accordingly.
- Maintains a courteous and effective relationship with clients, co-workers, Carriers and other business contacts.
- Ability to share knowledge and skills with others.
- Remains informed regarding industry information, new product information, legislation, coverage s and technology.
- Adherence to developed procedures and guidelines
- 95% retention rate of existing accounts
- Responsive to client, carrier and management requests
- Effective team player to both the department and the agency as a whole
- Continuous effort to improve knowledge and performance
- 3 years Personal or Commercial Lines servicing or producer experience
- Agency experience in a highly automated, transactional filing environment, with the ability to handle complex accounts.
- Professional Designation required
- Good command of all lines of personal insurance coverage
- Understanding of contracts, Carrier products, coverage forms and underwriting guidelines
- Desire to work on continuing education requirements
- Knowledge and ability to use applicable rating programs.
- LA State Agents License required
- Proficient in Windows, Microsoft Office & Agency Management Systems
- Keyboarding skills of 55 wpm
- Excellent organization, communication written, oral and automation skills.
- Must maintain a professional appearance.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Ability to take direction and work both independently and as part of a team.