Lab Technician - Short-Term Contract Position
Plaquemine, LA 70764
Function Description (Overview)
Laboratory Operator Laboratory work for water samples analysis in the plant
Role and Responsibilities
- Receiving and recording samples delivered to laboratory room
- Performing scientific analysis for received samples
- Performing field analysis at the plant site
- Recording and reporting analysis data
- Maintaining, calibrating, cleaning of the laboratory furniture and equipment
- Washing and maintaining laboratory glassware and miscellaneous
- Maintaining stock of consumables and reporting required repurchase amount
- Demonstrating and lecturing analytical procedures to plant owner s laboratory operators
Experience and Qualifications
- Min. Three years experience in water analysis based on ASTM, APHA or EPA methods for raw water, wastewater, boiler water, etc.
- The ability to maintain and calibrate laboratory equipment, such as Spectrophotometer, Ion Chromatograph, Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer, Gas Chromatograph, pH meter, potentiometric titrator etc.
- Must have record of very positive work performance, very good safety record, knowledge of safety rules and practices, ability to perform work independently, history of being dependable and reliable, good organizational skills, good customer relations.
- Excellent oral communication skills to work effectively with colleagues from all parts of the organization and to explain complex techniques to interested parties;
- Intermediate Skills for MS Excel & Word software
- Analytical, organized, accurate, and able to multi-task in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
- Data entry and 10-Key Skills Required
- Hard Working
- Accurate checking ability