Licensed Fire Alarm Installation Technicians
Baton Rouge, LA 70817
Flexicrew Technical Services is seeking Licensed Fire Alarm Installation Technicians with La. State Fire Alarm Licenses for a full time position in Baton Rouge.
Fire Alarm Technician Duties and Responsibilities
- In order to ensure the fire safety and security of buildings, a Fire Alarm Technician performs many different tasks. We analyzed job listings for Fire Alarm Technicians in order to identify these core duties and responsibilities.
- Perform Tests and Inspections
- The Fire Alarm Technician tests all newly installed fire alarms and sometimes perform regular inspections to ensure that systems and equipment continue to work according to their specifications. They must test all basic alarm panel functions to make sure that every offered feature is functional. This part of their job requires proficiency in the use of test equipment such as multi-meters and digital analyzers.
- Install Fire Alarms
- Responsible for full installation of fire alarms and other assigned security devices, the Fire Alarm Technician must travel to customer locations, thoroughly install devices and program all fire alarm panels. This requires them to read and understand product manuals and use necessary tools. After products are installed, the Fire Alarm Technician will instruct the customer on proper device use and maintenance measures.
- Repair Fire Alarms
- In addition to installing fire alarms, the Fire Alarm Technician responds to maintenance calls, troubleshooting devices and using device manuals to repair non-functioning fire alarms and restore them to original functionality or replace them if necessary. They educate customers on preventative care and regular maintenance to prevent system malfunctions. They may also perform system and device upgrades on occasion.
- Adhere to Regulations
- Knowledgeable about all fire safety codes and regulations, Fire Alarm Technicians ensure that the devices they install meet all local and federal laws and building codes. They must also comply with OSHA safety policies and may be required to obtain certain licenses and certifications depending on the state in which they are employed.
- Prepare Reports
The Fire Alarm Technician prepares service reports at each service location, completing all necessary paperwork with client, recording all work performed, materials used and any problems encountered. They write and deliver status reports on contract jobs and update work orders as well.
Requirements: Candidate must have a Louisiana State Fire Alarm License