Manufacturing Facilities Maintenance Manager
Kenner, LA 70063
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring that there are no breakdowns or disruptions in the production processes.
- Conducting regular inspection and maintenance of all the machinery in the facility.
- Leading a team of subordinates and assigning work areas to them.
- Ensuring that all safety norms and regulations are adhered to.
- Testing the machinery to ensure that the same is seamlessly working.
- Planning maintenance and service activities in a way that the process of production does not get hampered.
- Ensuring that the machinery and equipment is being used to full capacity and that production is optimum.
- Keeping a record of all service, maintenance and refurbishing works carried out on the machinery.
- Act as a key player in any facility design upgrades or expansion projects including being part of the design team for structural changes to the plant as well as oversight of the work in progress.
- Act as a key player in any system upgrades including vendor qualification and equipment selection.
Skills and Specifications
- Excellent mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Should have excellent written as well as verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage time and lead a team of subordinates.
- Should possess good organizational and administrative skills.
- Excellent sense for detail in order to spot trouble
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Strong knowledge about safety precautions
- Good planning skills
- Working knowledge of current manufacturing requirements, safety standards, and facility codes.