Marine Engineering Supervisor
Metairie, LA 70002
LOCATION: Metairie, LA
The Marine Engineering Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the engineering staff, as well as performing design and analysis as directed to support various projects including field and fabrication offices. In addition, the Marine Engineering Supervisor must possess a strong technical background and sound engineering judgement which are to be applied in the development of liquid and bulk material handling marine facilities. The Marine Engineering Supervisor may perform and/or oversee the development of studies and contract documents, from concept to construction support. Elements of design include wharves, piers, breasting and mooring systems, and marine specialties. The Marine Engineering Supervisor may also support the design of land based industrial facilities.
- 10+ years of experience
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineer License required
- Advanced knowledge of strength of materials.
- Detail oriented and committed to quality
- Proficient in breasting energy calculations and fender selection
- Proficient in mooring calculations for static mooring with passing vessels
- Proficient in the use of STAAD Pro or similar structural analysis and design software
- Knowledge and use of Optimoor analysis software
- Knowledge of codes and standard relevant to marine and industrial design (PIANC, UFC, AISC 360, ACI 318, ASCE-7, IBC)
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Mathcad and various structural analysis software packages.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Occasional overtime and travel may be required.
Occasional field assignments may include lifting and climbing in an outdoor environment