Mechanical Design Engineer
Satsuma, AL 36572
The facility manufactures ASME-code vessels, including heat exchangers, chemical reactors, distillation columns and other pressure vessels, utilizing materials ranging from carbon steel to titanium.
To provide all pressure vessels design functions to fabrication, drafting and estimating, while interacting with customer engineering and design groups.
Duties by Department:
- To be versed in the ASME Code Sections I, II, V, VIII Div. I and II and IX, TEMA, ASCE, IBC and UBC.
- To be proficient in the use and application of COMPRESS 3D Modeling software.
- To efficiently and accurately design vessels and Heat Exchangers.
- Review Customer Specifications and Requirements for new vessel inquiries.
- Communicate with customer for any questions about design.
- Apply engineering design principles to various vessel components.
- Finalize vessel design and supply estimating with required information for estimating process.
- Create calculation reports from vessel design for customers.
- Supply drafting with required calculations and designs to create drawings.
- Review Drawings for mistakes and discrepancies from design of vessel.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of technical documents, drawings, specifications, standards related to the projects and clients.
- Conduct pre-fabrication, kick-off and other essential meetings/conferences with clients
- Co-ordinate with purchasing department in purchasing materials, vendor services, sub-contracting, etc
- Manages the bid/invoice documents, control sheet according to the standard operating procedure.
- To be familiar with fabrication and fabrication techniques.
- To be familiar with the current work in house and provide technical customer contact when required.
- Provide or concur with technical aspects of non-conformances and manufacturing needs.
- Provide safety orientations for customers, visitors, and new employees.
- Assist in development of safety procedures and requirements.
- Provide inquiry level design for vessels and Heat Exchangers.
- Assist in development and maintenance of Coster Software, which creates a material/labor database.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering and 2 plus years of experience in a relevant field.
- Competitive pay
- Full healthcare benefits
- 401k Plan
- Mechanical Design: 2 years