Houston, TX 77066
This position is accountable for researching, planning, and preparing accurate and efficient detailed drawings of parts and assemblies using computer aided design (CAD) equipment in accordance with established manual and CAD procedures to communicate engineering ideas, designs, and information.
Specific responsibilities may include:
Assist Vice President of Engineering with drawings.
Assist Sales Department with calculations, sizing and specifications.
Prepare Shop Manufacturing drawings.
Prepare layouts and various drawings of parts and assemblies using conventional and limited CAD techniques and a working knowledge of the terms and procedures requiring the use of mathematical formulas to compute weights, dimensions, quantities of materials, etc.
Make final sketches checking dimensions of parts, materials to be used, relationships of one part to another, and relationship of various parts to whole structure or project.
Research required information from technical guides.
Work from sketches, customer drawings, actual visual review, and verbal information supplied by an engineer or designer and determine the appropriate views, detail drawings, and supplementary information needed to complete assignments.
Prepare charts and graphs including flow charts, uv-graphs, tables, technical illustrations, and paste up work to depict parts for clarity and dimensional purposes.
Participate in ongoing product improvement/cost reduction.
Research and analyze data such as customer design proposal, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application.
Direct and coordinate fabrication and installation activities to ensure products and systems conform to engineering design and customer specifications.
Design products and systems to interface machines, hardware, and software.
Evaluate tooling and recommend design modifications to eliminate production downtime.
Train less experienced CAD operators as required.
Support and participate in the organization s continual improvement program
Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Three to Five (3-5) years of experience in engineering.
- Strong background in Hydraulics design, systems, and components
- In-depth knowledge of symbology and drafting techniques in applicable discipline.
- Software proficiencies include AutoCAD, Solidworks, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Ability to efficiently operate CAD workstation requiring use of a personal computer and drafting and design software including mechanical drawings and plotting devices.
- Ability to make sketches checking dimensions of parts, materials to be used, relationships of one part to another, and relationship of various parts to whole structure of project.
- Ability to interact positively with all levels of management.
- Ability to work under pressure of schedules.
- Fluency in verbal and written English language.
- Ability to communicate clearly with all types of individuals.
- Ability to read, interpret and comprehend technical and legal specifications, reports and procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and certification authorities.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to perform engineering design calculations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to formulate and document a high level plan with input from many functional groups.