Mechanical Service Technician
Houston, TX 77066
Flexicrew Technical Services- Houston, TX: FTS is seeking a well-rounded Hydraulic Technician in Houston, TX for a long-term role within an industry leading client s company. The applicant will be responsible for assembling, testing, and servicing customized mechanical, hydraulic, electro-mechanical / hydraulic, and electrical components, and assemblies in accordance with prescribed drawings. He/she will perform accurate and efficient complex maintenance and installation of all phases of mechanical equipment s and serve as a quality control point for the work of less senior maintenance mechanics and ensure all work is performed in a safe manner. When the candidate is not performing duties listed above, they will assist the engineering and productions teams as deemed necessary.
- Read and follow engineering drawings, Bills of Material, and technical specifications.
- Assemble, test, and service systems and components comprised of hydraulic manifolds, solenoid valves, proportional valves, hoses, metal tubing, electrical cables, electrical controllers, etc.
- Perform general mechanical tasks, including as necessary basic welding, torch, grinding, etc.
- Maintain records as required (assembly routers, quality, dimensional checks, testing, etc.).
- Fabricate and install high pressure tubing using standard fittings.
- Monitor the functioning of installed equipment to detect hazards/problems and the potential need for adjustments, repairs, or replacement.
- Repair and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment within the establishment such as motors, pumps, conveyors, belt fans, and air conditioners.
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment and mechanical systems.
- Disassemble machinery and repair or replace broken parts.
- Dismantle, test, and analyze malfunctioning equipment, hand tools, and power tools to locate defects.
- Clean and lubricate parts.
- Provide advice, guidance, and training to less senior maintenance mechanics.
- Inspect work of others.
- Support and participate in the organization s continual improvement program to conform to ISO 9001 and understand the implications of not complying with the quality management system.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of technical trade school preferred.
- Total of six (6) years of combined education/experience.
- Experience working in an ISO 9001 environment a plus
- Knowledge of hydraulic, mechanical, and electrical processes/procedures.
- Knowledge of mechanical tools and equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot hydraulic, mechanical, and basic electrical circuits.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic system schematics/blueprints.