Offshore / Field Service Valve Technician
Baton Rouge, LA 70810
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Automated Valve repair experience all brands.
- Repair and service of various types of isolation valves - gate, globe, check, butterfly and ball.
- PVAM work scope and documentation.
- Valve greasing all types; use of all PVAM pumps and fluids.
- All pneumatic actuator repairs
- Relief valve services including pilot and conventional type.
- PVSV repairs and inspection.
- Flame arrestor inspection and service.
- General working knowledge of machinery fundamentals, including Relief Valves, Pneumatic Safety Systems, and Valves
- General knowledge of Oil and Gas well pad and processing plant equipment and processes
- Prior success in working as self-directed field worker
- Troubleshooting and communication skills (customers may not be able to accurately or completely describe a problem)
- Ability to work in the elements, cold and heat.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Travel either alone or with team members - to customer sites both on and offshore with company supplied equipment to meet with customer to discuss operational problems with equipment
- Perform Pre-Work JSA Job Safety Analysis
- Assess condition and problems with equipment and make appropriate repair
- Assumes responsibility for communication and education between the company and clients
- Responsible for communicating company deliverables to the client and for the accuracy and the timeliness of all internal and external communications and reporting.
- Assumes responsibility for the overall safety of the work environment. Responsible for ensuring compliance with company, client, OSHA, and other applicable standards. Perform Behavioral Safety Observations as needed. Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
- Training/Mentoring Assist in training/mentoring of new employees and convey obtained knowledge from seminar/training sessions.
- Able and willing to work on-call and off shift as required by customers or management.
- Some lifting, bending and long term standing required.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Available to work overtime including some weekends.
- Fulfill all company safety training requirements, customer site requirements.
- Travel required to client site or offshore duration could be 2 days to 3 weeks.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Verbal /Nonverbal Conveys thoughts easily and quickly - any message; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens attentively and seeks clarification; Responds well to questions; Maintains professional disposition at all times
- Written - Writes clearly and informatively
- Presentation - Presents information clearly and informatively
- Become and remain proficient in all programs necessary to perform the everyday duties of this position.
- Proficiency in MS Office Products is required especially OUTLOOK, EXCEL, and WORD