Purchasing Agent / Construction Procurement (DH)
Baldwin County, AL 36527
Responsibilities will include:
- Development, implementation, and measurement of all systems, processes, policies, and procedures related to construction labor and material
- Maintain trade and supplier inventory levels
- Participates in the process of hiring new trades utilizing the Purchasing Dashboard program
- Conducting Builder MT training (computerized purchasing order system)
- Build cost comparison sheets and reports
- Monthly vendor cost review and negotiations and comparisons
- Bachelor s degree or equivalent job related experience
- Minimum of four years Purchasing experience in the home building industry.
- Comprehensive knowledge of residential construction techniques, processes, and terminology.
- Knowledge of municipal codes related to permits, city zoning codes, non-technical building codes and other related regulations and ordinances.
- Ability to read, interpret and explain maps, blueprints, and legal descriptions.
- Ability to read, interpret, apply and explain codes, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills,
- Experience with publishing requests for bids/proposals.
- Proficiency in software related to purchasing, cost accounting, and overall database management
- Knowledge of manual and computerized record keeping systems and related office equipment.
- MS Office software experience and proficiency in Excel.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus