Metairie, LA 70001
- Negotiate and purchase materials, equipment and supplies from vendors.
- Evaluate quotes and services, select desirable suppliers.
- Research vendor prices and prepare written bids and analysis for negotiations.
- Review and coordinate procurement activities for company and program, PO/requisitions for parts, raw materials, hardware, machined parts and other goods
- Confer with suppliers for product or service price, availability, and delivery schedules, to include verification of supplier conformance to program drawing and specification requirements
- Maintain manual and computerized procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality, performance, and inventory reports including support of internal performance metrics as required
- Prepare purchase orders; Provide supplier status on POs as required
- Maintain orderly reports including electronic filing systems
- Work cooperatively as part of procurement team and with functional areas as required
- In coordination with other functional areas, assist with data collection to determine procurement approach such as direct purchase or bid
- May approve invoices for payment; May expedite delivery of goods to customers
- May occasionally perform or lead special projects; Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 3 Years purchasing experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Complete knowledge of warehouse and inventory control policies and procedures
- Extensive knowledge of material work planning and methods.
- Extensive knowledge and ability to negotiate best vendor terms, pricing and delivery based on specific budget and schedule requirements