Purchasing and Inventory Manager in NOLA
Gretna, LA 70053
- Responsible for the scheduling and tracking of all raw material component purchases and shipments.
- Manages inventory and analyzes in-out data, producing reports and statuses, including inventory turnover and stocked levels of all purchased components.
- Manages supplier relationships to ensure optimal service and pricing. Establish and maintain vendor relationships as the primary contact.
- Responsible for receiving raw components and processing associated invoices. Investigate and resolve pricing discrepancies on invoices.
- Develops and maintains purchasing and inventory control process and procedure documentation.
- Daily review of inventory levels in relation to current customer demand for production and purchasing as necessary to meet requirements.
- Identify potential issues affecting production schedule.
- Process and maintain accurate item master, bill of material and costing for all products, including the management of new product line additions and planned changes in existing lines for completeness and accuracy.
- Supports multiple projects and teams in their duties, tasks, responsibilities and functions
- 5 years experience in analytics driven position
- Proven ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels: from team members to executive management
- Proven ability to negotiate and motivate others
- Demonstrates excellent problem-solving skills, self-motivation, leadership, and team orientation
- Excellent Communication Skills: Verbal Written Face to Face
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- Possess the ability to prioritize several responsibilities and effectively provide guidance to others (e.G. Project managers) in a high pressure, time-intensive work environment;
- High level of skills in the use of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Project); Pivot tables and power BI experience a plus.
- NetSuite Experience a plus.