Pasadena, TX 77507
Mechanical Reliability Engineer
Houston, TX Area
The Reliability Engineer works with Maintenance and Operations to develop and schedule maintenance programs and processes to improve equipment reliability. The Reliability Engineer is responsible for providing the technical program leadership and implementation activities described below to maximize uptime and operating efficiencies of equipment and facility assets.
- Establish guidelines and specifications (e.G. Task, frequency, materials, qualifications, etc.) for properly implementing equipment Preventive Maintenance and equipment health activities.
- Develop, lead, and implement systems/processes and equipment upgrades that improve equipment reliability (e.G., preventive, and predictive maintenance, maintenance techniques, material recommendations, troubleshooting guides, repair plans, training, spare parts, etc.)
- Develop scope for repairs, inspections, maintenance, and modifications to machinery
- Analyze equipment trends, historical data, and OEE data to recommend and justify improvements to obtain lowest life cycle cost
- Identify root causes and develop engineering solutions for equipment reliability problems through Bad Actor and cost analysis, Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA), and equipment history reviews. Work with process engineers, operations, and maintenance to implement solutions.
- Define and setup critical spare parts to ensure they are available when needed.
- Provide guidance to mechanical crafts, as required, for performing repairs, inspections, maintenance, and modifications to machinery.
- Manage and lead strategic programs (Infrared Thermography, Laser Alignment, Balancing, Lubrication, Steam Trap Maintenance, Oil Analysis, Vibration Analysis, etc.) to improve mechanical equipment reliability, mechanical integrity, and safety
- Manage, maintain, and improve the unit' s Mechanical Integrity program
- Provide measurements of equipment uptime, overall equipment effectiveness, and mean time between failures
- Implement and communicate continuous improvement efforts and cost reduction activities
- Provide " Design for Reliability" input to capital projects with respect to equipment specifications that create project approaches that minimize life cycle costs.
- Assist in identifying the work content of planned shutdowns and provide engineering support during shutdowns.
- Develops procedures and specifications for new and existing equipment.
- Bachelor s Degree in Engineering Preferably Mechanical
- 3-5 Years of Experience in a Plant/Manufacturing Environment
- Experience with both fixed equipment (vessels, piping, heat exchangers, etc.) and rotating equipment (pumps, gearboxes, compressors, centrifuges, couplings, etc.).
- Equipment reliability principles and predictive maintenance disciplines knowledge preferred
- Advanced computer use skills, knowledge of SAP preferred
- Demonstrated technical capabilities and understanding of maintenance work processes and the interfaces with other functional groups
- Previous experience troubleshooting mechanical processes.
- Previous reliability / maintenance engineering experience preferred.
- Good communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of the Corporation' s organization.
Interested candidates should send resumes to hquinn@flexicrewtech.Com.
Flexicrew Technical Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with FTS is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications. Employment or consideration will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.