Bay Minette, AL 36507
The Senior Staff Accountant prepares journal entries, detailed reports and account reconciliations. This position assists in duties related to month-end close, year s end close, and the annual audit process.
Duties and responsibilities
- Reconcile Inventory review sales, calculate adjustments, reconcile month end inventory
- Responsible for general ledger accounting, including journal entry preparation, reconciliation and analysis of various balance sheet and income statement accounts to ensure compliance, integrity of balances, accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting.
- Responsible for Recording and analyzing inter-company transactions and schedules to support consolidation.
- Responsible for fixed asset and capital project accounting functions
- Assist with month-end close and year end audit requirements
- Research, review and resolve unusual variances with minimal supervision
- Bachelor s degree in accounting
- 3-5 years accounting experience
- Inventory accounting in manufacturing
- Demonstrated GAAP and advanced accounting skills
- Experience with month end closing, year-end closing, and audit processes
- MS Excel expert- advanced functions and data manipulation
- Team oriented and deadline driven
- Demonstrated ability to maintain composure under pressure
- Self-directed- demonstrated ability to work independently
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work fast and efficiently and prioritize work accordingly