Senior Hydraulic Design Engineer
Harahan, LA 70123
New Orleans, LA | Houston, TX: Flexicrew Technical Services (FTS) is seeking a Hydraulic Systems Design Engineer. The Hydraulic System Design Engineer is responsible for oversight of full project life cycle with respect to design, development, and implementation of hydraulic and fluid power systems. This key role within an industry leading client s organization will be a critical point of contact to ensure key projects are completed correctly and efficiently. Additionally, this position is responsible for researching, planning, and preparing accurate and efficient detailed drawings of parts and assemblies using computer aided design (CAD) equipment in accordance with established manual and CAD procedures to communicate engineering ideas, designs, and information. Qualified applicants will have 5-10 years of direct Hydraulic Systems Design post graduate work experience.
- Prepare layouts and various drawings of parts and assemblies using conventional and limited CAD techniques and a working knowledge of the terms and procedures requiring the use of mathematical formulas to compute weights, dimensions, quantities of materials, etc.
- Design products and systems to interface machines, hardware, and software.
- Work from sketches, customer drawings, actual visual review, and verbal information supplied by an engineer or designer and determine the appropriate views, detail drawings, and supplementary information needed to complete assignments.
- Direct and coordinate fabrication and installation activities to ensure products and systems conform to engineering design and customer specifications.
- Evaluate tooling and recommend design modifications to eliminate production downtime.
- Recommend and make improvements to current Hydraulic Systems.
- Collaborate with engineering and production teams in the design process. Collaborate with other departments to provide a best in class quality product.
- Effectively establish understand and communicate with individuals at multiple levels of the organization including shop floor and office.
- Work with fluid power equipment such as pumps, actuators, accumulators, valves, etc.
- Uses CAD system to create 3D models and assemblies using AutoCAD Inventor.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering from an accredited university required. Degree in Mechanical Engineering is preferred.
- 5-10+ years of experience in hydraulic systems design and analysis is required. Design lead experience desired. All levels of experience will be considered.
- US Citizenship- Must have clearance to work on government projects.
- Must successfully complete drug and background screening upon acceptance of employment offer.
- Strong background in Hydraulics design, systems, and components.
- IFPS Certification is highly preferred.
- Ability to make sketches checking dimensions of parts, materials to be used, relationships of one part to another, and relationship of various parts to whole structure of project.
- Software proficiencies with proven experience working with the following design platforms: AutoCAD, Solidworks, Automation Studio, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to formulate and document a high-level plan with input from many functional groups.
- Demonstrated ability to lead courageously, maintaining a strong position amidst opposition to resolve important issues, and ability to navigate through complexity.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Interpersonal requirements include: Hands-on, energetic, and a can do attitude. Honest, reliable, and ethical. Business agility to manage complexity, change and uncertainty. Flexible; nimble.
- Able to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 lbs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Able to use close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and adjustment of focus.
- Occasional exposure to a production environment.
Hydraulic Design, Hydraulic Systems Design, Fluid Power, Fluid Power Distributions, Full Cycle, Turnkey, Hydraulic Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, IFPS, ABS, Government Project, Design Engineer, Systems Design, Shipyard, Power Distribution.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Flexicrew Technical Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with FTS is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications. Employment or consideration will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.