Senior Operations Analyst
New Orleans, LA 70123
Objectives and priorities will be reevaluated periodically but will be driven by General Manager directives and priorities.
The ideal candidate will have a few years of experience in a professional business environment, ideally in a manufacturing/project setting where defining and completing deliverables according to due dates and timelines is a base expectation. Experience with projects that combine cross functional teams (operations, accounting, IT, customer, etc.) and how to resolve competing requirements and priorities provides the most representative experience for the role possible.
Candidate should be a self-starter and creative enough to be given an abstract problem and determine solutions, methodologies or approaches without being told exactly how to complete a given task.
This position plays an important role in meeting our continued improvement objectives and requires a cross functional skill set to be effective.
- Business Operations
- Interviewing and understanding a wide variety of different business operations. Identifying opportunities for improvement, gaps, making recommendations or identifying best practices to problem sets.
- Identifying stakeholder and other requirements and performing gap analyses.
- Defining and documenting current state business practices, proposing future state business practices, presenting potential solutions to stakeholders and customers. Responding to and incorporating feedback.
- Developing reasonable approach to problem statements or issues with defined and measurable outcomes
- Discussing and solving complex problems that may involve personnel, technical (system), and process components.
- Definition of system or technical needs and requirements to support business needs or processes
- Evaluation of system or technical design and implementation effectiveness.
- Analysis, Reporting and Communication
- Performing data analysis to define or identify key performance indicators suitable to the needs and objectives of the business or function identified;
- Reporting and presenting information to management in an objective and clear
- format for appropriate decision making and awareness;
- Defining and implementing data analysis processes and procedures utilizing the ERP system and other applicable databases
- Basic understanding of project management concepts
- Ability to work with other professionals, within and outside of the company in a professional and respectful manner
- BS in Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Accounting, Finance or similar
- 2-4 years of relevant professional experience
- Advanced in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Access, Project)
- More advanced analytical or technical tools and skill sets (VBA, SQL, etc.)
- Experience in defense industry, finance, or consulting background / relative experience
- Customer facing experience and interaction.
- Understanding of project-based financials
- Experience in ERP systems (Sage products if possible)
- Core Competencies:
- Excellent Problem Solving Skills
- Critical Thinking
- Written and Oral Communication Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Independent Thinker
- Quick / Willing Learner
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Ability to gain U.S. Security Clearance
- Pre-Employment Drug Screen and Background Check required