Senior Planner/ Scheduler
Kenner, LA 70063
FTS is seeking an experienced Senior Planner/Scheduler for the Manufacturing industry for our client in Kenner/ Metairie area. This opportunity has definite long-term growth potential for the right candidate!
Only candidates that have extensive experience as a Production Planner/ Scheduler in Manufacturing will be considered. Prior experience dealing with Steel Vendors and/or Motor Manufacturing companies and Oracle will be HIGHLY considered.
The Production Planner coordinates and expedites the flow of work and materials within or between departments according to daily and weekly production schedules. Duties include reviewing and distributing production, work, and shipment schedules; conferring with department supervisors to determine progress of work and completion dates; managing inventory levels and solving production problems.
- Ensure daily production requirements are achieved to meet customer expectation.
- Analyze and prepare documents needed for production.
- Data analysis and decision making to support raw material supply and finished goods demand.
- Creates production schedule and prioritizes job orders for production optimization.
- Maintains the production schedule and other reports as required.
- Followup as required with all teams to expedite flow of materials and documents to meet production schedule and customer expectation.
- Complete status reports for production progress, work in process, and raw material inventory.
- Interacts with shop floor management daily to resolve issues regarding manufacturing efficiencies or additional information as requested from Manufacturing, Customer Service and Accounting.
- May be asked to perform other duties at a lower level or higher level of proficiency.
- College Degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- High School diploma or GED Required
- 5 years or more experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- 2 years or more of MRP system experience preferred.
- Understanding of ERP system and Microsoft Office products; strong computer skills.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, ability to multitask and prioritize tasks with strict deadlines.
- Good customer service/phone skills and flexibility for handling a wide range of activities.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify solutions to problems.
- Demonstrate personal time management skills.
- Set the example by actively contributing to department and company goals.
- Take initiative and seek additional training or direction as needed.
- Build quality into work. Ensure processes are consistent with quality objectives.
- Be aware of current quality levels versus target levels.
- Develop and achieve departmental/company goals and controls.
- Make suggestions for improvement in areas of cost reduction, processes, quality and