Senior Planner/ Scheduler
New Orleans, LA 70123
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of all program schedules as well as the Integrated Master Schedule of all division activities.
- Coordinate and expedite the flow of work and materials within or between departments of an establishment according to production schedule.
- Duties include reviewing and distributing production, work, and shipment schedules; conferring with department supervisors to determine progress of work and completion dates; and develop metrics, reporting and production planning under direction of the GM
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Calculate figures such as required amounts of labor and materials, using production rate schedule, calculators, or computers.
- Compile and prepare documentation related to production sequences and durations.
- Compile information, such as production rates and progress, materials used, and customer information, so that status reports can be completed.
- Confer with establishment personnel, vendors, and customers to coordinate production and shipping activities, and to resolve complaints or eliminate delays.
- Examine documents, materials, and products, and monitor work processes, in order to assess completeness, accuracy, and conformance to standards and specifications.
- Develop work packages of production, labor, materials and supplies necessary to meet production demands.
- Review documents such as production schedules, work orders, and staffing tables to determine personnel and materials requirements, and material priorities.
- Revise production schedules when required due to design changes, labor or material shortages, backlogs, or other interruptions, collaborating with management, marketing, sales, production, and engineering.
- Other duties may be assigned, including special projects.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associate s Degree and/or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers, both in written and oral form.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and Teams.
- Microsoft Project
- Oracle - Primavera P6
- Autodesk - DWG TrueView and Navisworks.
- Microsoft Office -Visio
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb, and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non weather), fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds.
- The vision requirements include close, distance and peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.