Senior Project Coordinator
Holden, LA 70744
Position: Senior Project Coordinator Reports to: Projects Development Manager
The Senior Project Coordinator s primary duties include entering orders and preparing submittal packages and shop drawings for a variety of precast reinforced concrete projects. The project coordinator will work closely with the sales, production scheduling, and estimating teams to accurately complete drawings in a timely manner. He/she will also interact with other departments (Shipping/Post-Production/QC) always striving to be a team player.
Essential Job Functions
- Enters PO or contract into the Titan Precast Management Software System
- Creates, sends, and retrieves submittals
- Coordinates the ordering of all material for the project ensuring accuracy and delivered on time
- Creates or supervises the creation of all necessary shop drawings
- Oversees production and delivery on behalf of the customer
- Communicates with the customer as required, anticipating their needs
- Lead by example, always making the right choice. Maintain high ethical standards which include integrity, honesty, and excellent moral character.
- The needs of our customers often determine a project coordinator s day and work week. There are times when extra effort will be necessary. It is expected that he/she will recognize and respond as necessary to complete the schedule on time.
- Submittal packages and shop drawings are to be completed per the schedules created and the needs of our customers and the production department.
- Accuracy of order entry, take offs and drawings is paramount in order to eliminate mistakes.
- The project coordinator will be expected to communicate with customers, engineers and vendors via phone and e-mail daily to obtain drawing clarification and to discuss options that are available. The project coordinator will also be expected to communicate with the customers concerning production and delivery schedule.
- It will be necessary for the project coordinator to work on more than one project at a time. Being able to multi-task and maintain control over the work will be an essential requirement. This includes times when everyone seems to want everything at the same time.
- On occasion the he/she will have to initiate or complete change orders for customers based on increases in costs due to choices that must be made to accommodate pipe locations or site conditions.
- The project coordinator will be required to attend all necessary meetings to discuss schedule, process, or any staff issues and to prepare for and participate at these meetings.
- The work process includes communicating with inside the fence departments including sales and keeping the Operations Manager, Post-Production, Shipping, and Quality Control departments informed regarding any major requests or changes by customers or engineers.
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2004 or later a plus
- Self motivated and have strong organizational and planning skills
- Able to multi-task at any given time and provide attention to accuracy and detail
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written
- Customer service oriented