Superintendent - Civil Construction
Covington, LA 70433
- Leads with positive attitude toward policies pertaining to safety, and regularly works to foster a safe work environment.
- Reviews, understands, and implements construction project documents such as contracts, plans/DOT Plans, specifications, drawings, job layout, as-builts and quantity records sufficient to perform the responsibilities of this position.
- Assists in the determination of manpower and equipment needs, project scheduling, personnel training, equipment maintenance, tool and material requirements and managing subcontractors.
- Assists with timecards and record keeping - timely and accurately maintains and completes quantity records and timecards.
- Timely and accurately maintains and keeps current all construction documents (change orders, schedules, purchase orders, RFI s, submittals, daily dairies and quantity books.
- Perform other tasks assigned by the Project Manager(s).
- Drive a motor vehicle safely to visit job sites, attend meetings, travel as necessary, and otherwise perform the responsibilities of the position.
- 5 years of civil construction supervisory experience.
- Proficiency in the use of PC with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Must be able to read blueprints, construction contracts, subcontracts and other construction documents, plans and specifications.
- Ability to initiate and maintain business relationships including working effectively with project owners, engineers, co-workers, subcontractors, suppliers, and the public.
- Must have a valid driver s license and motor vehicle history record that meet company insurance requirements.
- Must have the ability to pass pre-employment drug screen.