Test Project Manager (Shipbuilding)
Panama City, FL 32404
Panama City, FL
Direct Hire Position
FTS is seeking a Test Project Manager with Shipbuilding experience for a Direct/Permanent position in the Panama City, FL area.
- Responsible for overseeing adherence to cost and schedule of commissioning, including dock side tests, trials, and delivery.
- Provide critical data, including presentations and metrics, to support both the Company s Program Management team and Technical Support teams, which are geographically located throughout the United States and abroad.
- Research and analysis functions may include program tracking and forecasting, project evaluation and monitoring, maintaining compliance with government regulations, and performing any data analysis relevant to project tasks.
- Job Duties
- Overall responsibility for tracking compliance to cost and schedule for testing/trials stipulated by the program contract.
- Responsible for Earned Value Management System (EVMS) requirements assigned to the OPC Test Team, as the Cost Account Manager (CAM).
- Ensuring schedule and budgets are properly aligned with the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) Responsible for supporting and executing robust total ship test program including development of test processes, test metrics, timely submittal of CDRLs at a dedicated production facility in Panama City, and shipboard and acceptance trials.
- Support the Test Director and Test Manager, in ensuring competing priorities of all Testing and Activation projects to delivery results within financial and schedule specifications.
- Support production, test, launch, and trials Readiness Reviews.
- Maintain all Test Metrics and communicate timely to the program office. Coordinate with Production, Engineering and Project Management to ensure that the shipyard testing strategy is being followed. Perform other duties as instructed.
- Bachelor s degree in Engineering or related studies with five or more years experience in USCG/US Navy shipboard testing desired. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Required Skills:
- Requires the ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance.
- Experience with integration of a test program into Program Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and EVMS, starting with design through fabrication, construction, and delivery required.
- Desired Skills:
- Experience desired in Contract Design Requirements List (CDRL) Development and Management; Navy INSURV acceptance trials desired; and developing test procedures using American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) naval vessel rules (NVR) requirements.
- Intermediate level to Advanced Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Read, analyze, and interpret, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Interpret contract requirements, specifications, and drawings into a comprehensive test program.
- Prepare and brief presentations of test program to internal (Company) and external (Government) management teams.
- Present information and respond to questions from management, government officials, and the public.
- Accurate written and verbal communication skills to carry out and understand assignments, and/or convey or exchange routine information.
- Obtain, sort, filter, and analyze large volumes of data for distillation into high-level reports.
- Work both independently and as part of the project team with the ability to exercise diplomacy and tact.
Please note: The Job Profile is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties.
Interested candidates should send resumes to hquinn@flexicrewtech.Com.
Flexicrew Technical Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with FTS is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications. Employment or consideration will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.