Tool Room Clerk
Kenner, LA 70062
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Maintain and manage tool room clerical functions.
- Maintain and update records of tool room equipment, tools and kits.
- Issue tools, kits and equipment to the concerned departments.
- Ensure return of issued tools, kits and equipment back to the tool room after use.
- Check for damages or unusable condition of tools, equipment and kits.
- Organize tools and equipment on shelves and racks for easy access.
- Keep abreast of advance technologies in tools and equipment designs.
- Maintain tool room equipment manuals, processes and operational guidelines.
- Operate fork-lift, pallet jack and other heavy equipment when necessary.
- Transfer equipment, tools and kits from tool room to sales department upon order requests.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have full range of mobility in upper and lower body, able to reach overhead, able to work in various positions, including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling, squatting; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance for extended periods of time. Be able to lift, pull and push material and equipment to complete assigned job tasks. Be able to lift 50 pounds of weight throughout assigned workday if required. Be able to operate a forklift (if required) and other motor vehicle. Exposure to shop elements such as noise, dust, fumes and odors. Moderate to heavy physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily production environment.