Kenner, LA 70063
- Arranging air/ocean/road import shipments to include customs clearance, commercial invoicing and packing list requirements.
- Communicating with freight forwarders to obtain rate quotes and track/ trace air/ocean/road freight shipments
- Ensures the efficient running of the organization s logistical operations.
- Ensuring product/equipment/tool/people delivery dates are met
- Coordinates transportation services including via truck, train, air, and sea, to provide efficient and timely transportation of goods and freight among facilities and to customers.
- Builds and maintains relationships with outside carriers and freight companies.
- Completes fulfillment shipments using cost-effective service providers such as less-than-truckload carriers and air-forwarders.
- Reviews financial reports, identifying and recommending ways to reduce transportation costs
- Participate in compliance, carrier performance, and cost comparison reviews.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with the proven ability to manage and coordinate a variety of shipments and shipping methods.
- Excellent time management skills with the proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Proficient with or able to quickly learn software systems used for tracking and billing freight operations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor s Degree in Business Administration, Logistics, preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Transportation / Logistics Management role overseeing domestic and international shipping by way of ground, air, and ocean.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.