Quality Assurance Technician
San Diego, CA 92108
Flexicrew Technical Services (FTS) is seeking a Quality Assurance Technician experienced in the maritime industry for a Direct Hire role. The ideal candidate will have experience with Navy Damage Control and NAVSEA certification.
Provides support to the QA department on board ships and/or shops inspections along with appropriate quality objective documentation. Helps to ensure the organization s safety and QMS procedures are followed to ensure customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Shows up for pre-checks of checkpoints on time.
- Portrays the organization in a professional, friendly, hospitable manner
- Type memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents
- Witnesses all types of inspections and tests in the field and at the shop.
- Assist in investigating corrective/preventive actions.
- Completes reports and submits to department manager.
- Establishes, maintains, and updates files for the Quality Assurance department.
- Works with Project Supervisors, Managers, and jobsite supervisors to maintain a quality product for delivery to our customer.
- Assist in maintaining calibrated tools inventory and check outs.
- Assists Quality Assurance Manager with processing Preventive/Corrective Actions Requests both internal and external.
- Capable of training others in safety and environment issues, policies, and procedures.
- Helps perform internal and external audits.
- Helps control records and documents as designated by QMS and supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- A thorough knowledge of a Quality Management System and ISO 9001 requirements.
- Must be able to work well with all levels of personnel whether individually or in a team environment.
- Willing to work any shift and overtime as required.
- Must be highly safety conscious.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma required. Minimum of 3-5 years of proven experience in a Quality Assurance capacity, preferably NAVSEA related.
- Two-year technical degree or accredited apprenticeship program or the equivalent work experience in the field is required.
- Basic reading, writing and arithmetic skills are required
- Familiarity with blueprints and drawings
- Ability to read and interpret documents and instructions
- Ability to take directions and follow instructions
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
- Ability to work on beams, scaffolding, ladders, and confined spaces
- Ability to work a variety of assignments and locations on a daily or hourly basis
- Strong ability to be reliable, dependable, and work as a team
- Ability to use Microsoft office products
- Familiarity with NAVSEA Standard Items and ISO 9001 requirements
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to read, analyze, and understand ISO 9001 requirements, as well as help implement them and audit the processes needed to maintain ISO certifications.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Will provide direction pertaining to quality products.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is sometime exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.