New Orleans, LA 70123
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives material; verifies quantities and records data as required manually and/or into the database in the computer.
- Packs and unpacks material to be stored on shelves in the warehouse in an orderly and accessible manner.
- Verifies inventory quantities by comparing them to physical counts of stock and investigates discrepancies, adjusting for errors where applicable.
- Marks stock items for identification purposes using tags, stamps, electric marking tools or other labeling equipment.
- Cleans and maintains supplies, tools, equipment, vehicles, and storage areas in and throughout the warehouse in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations and maintenance practices.
- Determines proper storage methods and stock locations based on turnover, as well as environmental factors and physical capabilities of facilities.
- Keeps records on the use and/or damage of equipment and vehicles (i.E., safety checks/logs)
- Examines and inspects stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors or warehouse manager.
- Disposes of or repackages for return to associated vendor, damaged and/or defective items with direction from the warehouse manager.
- Drives forklifts and trucks in order to unload incoming stock or to deliver material to designated locations to issue and/or distribute materials, products, parts and supplies to customers/vendors/coworkers based on information from incoming requisitions.
- Assists with maintaining records and reports of inventories, price lists, shortages, shipments, expenditures, and goods used or issued with direction from the warehouse manager.
- Determines sequence and release of backorders according to stock availability.
- Prepares products, supplies, equipment, or other items for general warehouse use by adjusting, repairing, or assembling them, as necessary.
- Recommends to warehouse manager disposal of excess, defective or obsolete stock.
- Adheres to all company Safety Rules and Regulations.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic reading, writing and arithmetic skills are required.
- Ability to use a computer to track and maintain inventory utilizing MAS 500.
- Ability to read and interpret documents and instructions.
- Ability to take directions and follow instructions.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Can read a tape measure accurately.
- Safety conscience and detail oriented.
- Reliable worker with reliable transportation.
- Career minded.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid Driver s license
- Forklift certification
- Clean Driving record
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is sometimes exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places and outside weather conditions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.